John Richard Dayao – 3D Artist
Accomplished 3D Artist with over 9 years of video game development experience. Worked with a team consisting of both artists and programmers to deliver episodic content in a timely manner.
Key Skills: Advanced modeling, UV mapping, texturing, rigging, and animation skills; PC, Mobile, XBox 360 development experience.
Next gen, PBR workflow, character, creature, weapon, hard surface and environment modeling.
Software: Maya, Softimage, ZBrush, 3DS Max, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, xNormal, Adobe Creative Suite, Quixel NDo, Quixel DDo, Source Engine, Unity3D Engine
- Freelance 3D Artist, New York, NY (June 2015 – Present), Professional quality 3D models, animations, and concept designs.
- Kuma Games, New York, NY (February 2006 – May 2015), Lead 3D Artist, Created characters, props, and environments for multiple games released by Kuma Games. Streamlined character creation process to allow for quick completion that matches the episodic requirements of the company’s business model.
- Planet Toys LTD, New York, NY (August 2005 – February 2006), Product Designer, Created concept designs, illustrations, and control drawings for new and upcoming toys sold at major toy stores such as Toys R Us, Target, and Walmart. Licenses included Toyota, GM, Mack, Ford, Malibu Boats, Dodge, Jesse James, WWE, and Little Tikes.
- Global Game Jam: Best Overall Game: Recognized as the best overall game made in 48 hours Global Game Jam – New York University Game Center Site, 2010
- Mackie Award for Best Technical Achievement: Recognized technical excellence in creating the machinima “Leaving the Game”. American Film Institute – Digital Content Lab, Machinima.com, 2008
- Valdis Kupris Painting Award: For excellence in digital painting. New York Institute of Technology, May 2005
- Faculty Award for Best Animation Project: Recognizing abilities to produce high quality 3D animation with a unique and original storyline. New York Institute of Technology, May 2005
- Jury Award for NYIT Character Design Contest: Recognizing original, unique, and interesting character designs. New York Institute of Technology, March 2005
- New York Institute of Technology, New York, NY – Bachelor of Fine Arts in Computer Graphics, May 2005
- Kuma War 2
- The Dino Hunters
- History Channel: Shootout
- History Channel: Dogfights!
- Biography Channel: Mobsters
- WW2 Experience
- Discovery Channel: iPredator
- Rope Rescue (Mobile)